Proud to be a blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

The journey begins:):)

      Well… The idea of ‘publishing something’ of my own writings was haunting in mind ever since I was in 10th standard. However, to be frank I dint know that there existed something called a ‘blog’. If I can remember I used the internet for the first time in 2006!!!
  

           The flashback story goes like this:
      I was born on 10 December 1989 (Who knows, people say like that and I believe!) in Kundapur so called a decent town among one of the brightest and smartest districts in Karnataka, “UDUPI”. Our family was not very rich, but of course, we had enough to lead a ‘pakka’ Indian middle class life. The bomb blasts in America, the fluctuations in National Stock Exchange, earthquakes in Japan, inventions made by NASA, death of Yugoslavia’s president none of these seem to affect us, what mattered to us most was the fact that the price of vegetables in a nearby kirani shop has been increased by 1 Rs/kilo, the clothes lying outside on a cloudy day, the food for cattle, half broken cricket bat etc etc..

              Nevertheless, I was very happy that I was born in an area that was fully blessed by nature. The evergreen trees, plants, a cute calf sleeping in my own garden, I can still have a very clear picture of all of these things. The most exciting part was that the splendid, beautiful Arabian Sea beach was (is) just 10 minutes away from my home. The evening walk to seashore with friends, one or two 50ps.mango chocolates in hand are definitely going to stay in my mind as never dying sweet memories.  




    
             We just had a black and white TV in home and an antenna connection. The DD network was not even working for 24 hours during those days. It was very annoying when DD1 used to stop telecasting cricket matches just because it was 8 pm, especially during the deciding and the most waiting overs of the game. We did not know National geographic or Animal Planet channel, however hundreds of birds and animals were in and around house. There was no explicit play stadium, but the area of fields in front of house were about 10 to 15 times greater than present Chinnaswamy cricket stadium, perhaps the  biggest stadium in the world for that matter. 
      
Hmmm... Enough of emotions and missing things.

           Time has changed a lot. I do know what an ‘internet’ is all about, can’t spend a single day without checking my facebook account, without commenting on the profiles of journalists, reading blogs…..

Life has thought me to smile artificially, has taken many things away from me, and has returned something too!
Well, i know i have left a lot of details which i am going to include in the coming  days...This was just an introductory session to say that, 'I am into the blogging world' and I am going to start at least 5 blogs, one each on ‘World and politics’, ‘cricket’, ‘Me as a human being’ , 'My ever loving field Journalism'  other than this blog.
  
             

See you soon with a new post......!!



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... awesome man.. :) very true saying.. u really took me down my memory lane.. :)

    keep up the gud work.. will be looking forward to more no. of blogs from u... :)
    cheers.. :)

    tejas.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and very honestly written intro =)
    Somehow for me, my past is very blurred in my memory. I can't seem to remember much of my past...or maybe its my nature to choose to forget the past :)
    I liked this post a lot. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey its really nice!! a true writing!!
    good .. keep writing more n more :):)
    ill be waiting to read ur post on'My ever loving field Journalism' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start..super template btw..go ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey this is amazing! it feels like a story written by an old Indian author which we get to read in our 10th standard English text book! its really GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An honest, direct from heart writing style.. makes one go down their own memory lane.. keep up the good work dude...

    ReplyDelete