Proud to be a blogger

Saturday, November 15, 2014

YES... THE LITTLE THINGS DO MATTER !!!!

Yo folks...feels good to be back.
Even though the post is an outcome of a bored idle mind with cluttered thoughts, the scene described below and the messages meant to be conveyed are nothing imaginary and fictional.

One fine evening, I was on my way towards home after a dreadful day at office. On the way, saw a little child holding a football, sitting and waiting for someone. From a distant place itself one could make out that the child was extremely tired, sweat all over his face. Before even I crossed him, he only rushed towards me and asked for 10 Rs.

I was amazed and asked in reply why do you need it for.
With a very low voice he replied  "I am extremely thirsty, my mom had given me 10 Rs/-, but somewhere  in the ground I lost it while playing, want to drink that Pepsi", pointed his finger towards the Pepsi bottle in the near-by stores.
I was very much moved with what he said. Immediately opened my wallet to give him the money. Grrr... did not have any damn thing there. Usually, something would always be there. But, this bloody time sucks. Anyways, since I knew the shop owner well, I just made that boy come with me till the shop and got him a Pepsi bottle saying the owner, I would pay him the money next time.

I had not even got the bottle from that guy entirely, this child snatched it from me and started drinking. (Its true there is a saying people will show their true color only when they are extremely hungry/thirsty, the love for food is something which is beyond rest all).


But let me tell you this, as the bottle got over, that reaction and smile on the child's face, it was priceless!!
For a moment I felt like nothing on this planet could be as genuine as that expression. The kid was extremely happy then and said "Thanks a lot Uncle!!!!" and went away (Grrr... Uncle??? :( :( , will come to this point later!)
  
This made me think for a while. No matter how much salary you get, how big house you live-in, sometimes these very small things in life are the ones that bring you immense amount of joy. You feel happy, motivated and good about yourself. Cherish them!

          
 Anyways, was extremely bored and just wanted to put across some words. Did it. Will come up with something more interesting next time :).
  
 And yeah, I was happy and content about everything I mentioned in the last paragraph except for the word 'Uncle'.  Mannnn... We are growing old! Time flies off super-fast and life has changed (Convincing myself!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment